Etiketter

tisdag 1 april 2014

Murder, my dear! - the end

- Oh, that’s easy to explain… But you need to promise me that you will not tell anyone!
- I promise that I will not tell anybody. Trust me Frank, I’m your wife.
- Me and Mr. Lambourn have never been good friends. We had are fights in High school. After that I didn’t saw him in a very long time. Three months ago I started to play poker with Johnny King and some of his friends. I did know that he and Lambourn were good friends, and one day he was there in the club. I knew it was him the moment I saw him. We played some poker and he won and I lost 
$10 000. I refused to pay since he wasn’t a member of the club. Then he threatened to kill me and the other members. The threats have been coming for several months. About a weak ago we had enough and we planned the whole thing. But it wasn’t the plan that he would die. When me and Johnny came to Lambourn’s house we just threatened him. But then he pulled a gun and pointed at us. I understood that the only thing I could do was to stab him with the knife. I stabbed him three times. He grasped for air for a couple of moments and then he was all silent. He was dead.
- Frank, I don’t know what to say. You need to go to the police station and turn yourself in. Tell them it was self defense. Go tell the police!

The phone is ringing. 
- Hello?
- Frank? It’s police officer Harry Jarvis. I need to talk to you about the Lambourn murder. Get down to the police station immediately! We have the results from forensics. The fingerprints from Johnny don’t match the ones that are at the knife that killed Lambourn.
- Okay! I’ll be there in a minute.  

A few minutes later Frank drives into the parking lot at the police station. He’s very nervous and shaky. 
- Hi Harry!
- Hi Frank! You were the only person at the crime scene so we need to take your fingerprints. We don’t think that it’s you but we need to follow the regulations.    
Frank understands that this is the end.

Frank waits for the results. Suddenly Harry comes into the waiting room with three other police officers. 
- Frank Fletcher! You are under arrest for the murder of Lambourn. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney, one will be appointed for you, you have the right to one phone call. Do you understand these rights as the have been stated to you? 
- Yes, Frank said silently.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar